Thrifty Homemaker Weekly To Do Ideas for February 20 - 26, 2012
This Month Is - February - Celebrate something during the week to make it special for your family.
21-National Sticky Bun Day
22-National Chili Day and George Washington's Birthday
23-National Banana Bread Day
24-National Tortilla Chip Day
26-Tell a Fairy Tale Day
National Bird feeding Month
Canned Food Month
American Heart Month
National Black History Month
National Cherry Month
National Grapefruit Month
Potato Lover's Month
National Snack Food Month
Sites To Visit this Week:
The internet is full of great blogs and websites to visit to learn all about homemaking. Each week I will share some of my favorites with you. If you have a favorite please let me know so I can share it also.
Mommy's Kitchen is full of great recipes that your family will love.
Six Sister's Stuff has lots of recipes and every weekend they have a linky party for people to share their stuff called Strut Your Stuff and it is a great place to find crafts and recipes to make.
Sour Cream Chicken Casserole - Recipe to Try this Week
3 cups cooked, diced chicken
1 (8-oz.) bag noodles
1 small can mushrooms, drained
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 (16-oz.) carton sour cream
8-ounces Swiss cheese slices
Cook and drain noodles. Combine all ingredients except the Swiss cheese. Place in a 9x13-inch pan; top with the Swiss cheese slices.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes
Weekly To Do Ideas
1. Go through all your ink pens and throw away any that do not work. While you are at it go ahead and sharpen any pencils that need it also.
2. Dust your window sills.
3. Clean your windows to make them clear and let the sunshine in.
4. Delete any files that you no longer need on your computer.
5. Go through your bathroom supplies and make a list of things you need such as razors, toilet paper, shampoo, etc.
6. Go though your bathroom towels, wash cloths and your kitchen linens and get rid of those that are worn out and replace them if you can. I usually buy the ones at the dollar store that are cheaper and I have found them to last about as long as the more expensive ones.
7. Make a cherry flavored dessert in honor of George Washington's birthday.